Wednesday, May 10, 2006

anti-Zionist often DOES mean anti-semite

I try not to throw around the term "anti-semitic," and do not assume that all anti-Zionists are anti-semitic. Sure, many of them unfairly focus on Israel, but it's often because of lack of education, or...well, I don't know, but I try to give them the benefit of the doubt. I really think the term is thrown around too much and has started to lose its power.

However, there unfortunately IS a good deal of anti-Zionist propoganda that is anti-Semitic. One example: the website http://www.nowarforisrael.com I first saw it through recommendations on www.indybay.org At first glance, it's just another anti-Israel website. One of those sites that you just about know is run at least partly by anti-semites, but you can't quite pin it on them. Want to know who hosts it? www.davidduke.com That's right, David Duke, full fledged neo nazi.

I really oughta find just how many sites David Duke hosts. Watch, they'll be some IndyMedia on it...maybe SF-IMC, run by Nessie, the "I hate 99% of Jews" guy.

1 comment:

Roland Dodds said...

Nice post. It seems that it isn’t that hard to find the overt authoritarianism that props up most Indymedia sites.