Thursday, August 31, 2006

"justice"

Note: for the purposes of the internet, I'll probably still be dropped off the face of the planet for a few days.

Spending time in a courtroom is downright depressing. You see people slipping through the cracks as you watch. Black man after black man after black man...sure, the numbers might indicate that poverty is more widespread among minorities, and crime is more widespread among the impovershed...but that sort of disproportionality really makes me wonder. Public defenders who probably get too many cases to remember a single client's face mumbling with indifference, the judge looking at a stack of papers for a few minutes before making a decision and moving on...and what's this all for? Justice, apparently. It seems to only hurt. It also angers me that rapes occur every day, and where are the cops? Looking to see if they can find drug users and dealers.

Too much was running through my head, and I still haven't sorted it all out.

On a completely unrelated note...do males ever learn tact? Is it just something that seems absent in the early years, or is it (as I am suspecting more and more) something that is never learned? A couple of friends of mine recently broke up because one moved accross the country for college. He managed to move on, I guess, because within a week he found a new girl. Sure, it seems odd too me, and the girl is still upset and nowhere near moving on...but I can't really fault him for it, and anyway it wasn't like he was actively looking for anything. What can I fault him for, though? He broke the news by saying "I found someone to replace you."

Teenage boys...at least we can laugh at them.

1 comment:

Deadman said...

Tact is a skill that is all too opften NOT learned at all. best to your friend, and know that not all men are so unfeeling.

Thought you might like to see this:

http://knockinonthegoldendoor.mu.nu/archives/195181.php