Friday, September 15, 2006

financial irresponsibility

Fellow Californians,

Am I the only one who is steamed that the legislature is throwing us a bunch of BOND initiatives?

People always talk about how they support Republicans because they are fiscally responsible (in my experience, these are the people that don't know much about economics beyond sound bites). So why all the bonds?

Bonds often double (or more) the amount of money spent...and put it off so that me and my children can pay for your roads that you couldn't raise taxes for. Here's my all time favorite:

Proposition 1B

Pro-car...real sustainable...so lets pass on the debt for a couple of generations! Let's have our kids pay 38.9 billion for 19 billion dollars to help out the cars that shouldn't be so prevalent when they would use these "improvements."

But what really gets me...the "liberals" who decide how to vote based on the name they see when they get to the polls will vote for "transportion."

Fucking California.

4 comments:

Deadman said...

THANK YOU!!!! Giod I hate bond issues, and the peeps who vote for them are FUCKING MORONS!!!!

Anonymous said...

Excuse the non-sequitor, but I know you are fond of goats, so I thought you appreciate this news item from the BBC


by Sudan man forced to 'marry' goat Saturday, Sep. 16, 2006 at 11:55 PM

A Sudanese man has been forced to take a goat as his "wife", after he was caught having sex with the animal.
The goat's owner, Mr Alifi, said he surprised the man with his goat and took him to a council of elders.

They ordered the man, Mr Tombe, to pay a dowry of 15,000 Sudanese dinars ($50) to Mr Alifi.

"We have given him the goat, and as far as we know they are still together," Mr Alifi said.

Mr Alifi, Hai Malakal in Upper Nile State, told the Juba Post newspaper that he heard a loud noise around midnight on 13 February and immediately rushed outside to find Mr Tombe with his goat.

"When I asked him: 'What are you doing there?', he fell off the back of the goat, so I captured and tied him up".

Mr Alifi then called elders to decide how to deal with the case.

"They said I should not take him to the police, but rather let him pay a dowry for my goat because he used it as his wife," Mr Alifi told the newspaper.


news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/4748292.stm

Anonymous said...

I bet it was a toggenburg, those goats are feisty

charismatic megafauna said...

Dearest Mercutio

Your ignorance of goats shines through.

Yes, Toggies are feisty. But they could not survive well in the Sudan.

Not to mention, they would run away more readily than others.

Likely a Nubian.

You should've taken goat herd management.