Monday, September 25, 2006

sascha baron cohen is god

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/help/3681938.stm

If anyone takes Borat seriously...well, that's their problem.

Check out all these progressives!

http://www.democratsforlife.org/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=172&Itemid=54

But hey guys, make sure to vote Democrat! We wouldn't want the right winning, let's preserve:

death penalty
three strikes
war in Iraq, upcoming war in Iran
war on drugs
ignoring the immigrant population
barring same sex marriages
patriot act

To be fair, the Greens aren't doing much. Tiny steps, but it's hard in a two party system. And I don't think it'll necessarily be the Greens (though European success keeps me from losing all hope) (and truthfully, I don't know that they're the ones I want...) who will bring the real left to the table...but it's the first step in the process, and it needs dedication. And there's no way I could in good conscience vote for a party that doesn't represent the left. A party that's moving more and more to the right every time I hear a speech, a party who's presidential candidates have been calling for more war...

Statistically speaking, my opinion will almost surely change in a few more years. But then again, I've enjoyed defying statistics a few important times.

But, I have more pressing issues. Such as Leo. Looks like I owe one ridiculously adorable little guy a nice cuddle.

1 comment:

Deadman said...

Give Leo a scratch for me!

Hey, I happened to wander into this guys blog

http://neo-jacobins.blogspot.com/

And you're on his blogroll!!!