Friday, January 26, 2007

We have a tendency to forget that our thoughts are predictable, signals fired due to the situation, influenced by our genetics and environmental impact, in short, our phenotype. We're fancy computers...while many choose to escape knowledge of such through religion, I'll carry on with the assumption that readers have chosen to accept reality. Yes, college has turned me into an elitist snob. Now I will continue to puh-poo all conservatives or religious people while sipping very bitter espresso.

Of course while we accept that we are computers, we live within the reality in our brains...otherwise we'd be considered sociopaths. We experience our emotions and get passionate about our "values." So of course I feel strongly about my "individualized brand of super-liberalism." And I read this article: The Ideological Animal

The second paragraph was good enough material to make me feel more self-righteous: after all, I was better than that silly typical San Francisco liberal: I didn't view just Republicans as ignorant, intolerant yahoos, why, I knew that both Republicans AND Democrats could be viewed as such.

The third paragraph was a reminder of how my brand of liberalism was individualized...oh no, I'm no sheep. I agree with her on small government and gun control, as well as personal responsibility!

I went on to the meat of the article. I laughed at the thought that my politics could have been easily predicted. Most peoples, sure; not mine. Then I read the list of characteristics associated with liberals

Messiness: dear lord, if one were to look at my room with that in mind and predict my politics, they'd think I go to every ANSWER function. Maps, travel documents, and flags: I haven't done as much travelling as I want, but check, check, and check. I love books, music, I'm an optimist (with the exception of my newly acquired "jaded" college student thing...all the cool kids are doing it), I love art...allright, just put me in my box!

Bah!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Deadman said...

Hey, NEW POST please!!!

:o)>

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

Very passionate essay. Loved it at first sight, who knows later ^-^